Electricity & Magnetism Study guide
- What is a magnetic field? What does it look like around a bar magnet and a horseshoe magnet?
- Can a magnet be created? How?
- Given a situation (described or pictured) tell why it is dangerous and what you should do to be safe? (look back at your Safety Rules worksheet)
- What is an insulator? A conductor? (be able to give examples of each)
A circuit? A current?
- What type of circuit must you have for electricity to flow through it?
- What direction does current flow?
- Given a picture of a circuit tell me if the light will turn on.
- Know the symbolic way of diagramming parts of a circuit. (circuit symbols)
- Explain what a switch is, how it works and one way of making one.
- What is a series circuit? How does it work? What are some uses for it? (advantages, disadvantages)
- What is a parallel circuit? How does it work? What are some uses for it? (advantages, disadvantages)