Look at these great multiplication strategies that we've been using in class to work with large numbers. The right strategy makes all of the difference!
If your child hasn't shown you how they prefer to work with these large numbers yet, please ask them to. You may be amazed to see these interesting strategies in action (and you can head to our Muy Importante on the math section of he website to see a little more about how these work).
Maeve: I like split it because it's easy!
Cedar: Math used to be a crime, but then split it came along and saved the day.
Blaze: I like steal the zero because it makes big numbers into single digit multiplication.
Elizabeth: My heart got split when math was hard, then split it came and made my heart whole.
Chloe: I like rainbows because they are beautiful, and who knew you could use them to even do math!
Taylor: I like upgraded bubbles because I like bubbles and advanced numbers.
Connor: With great brain power comes great responsibility.
Finley: Multiplication problems are like food for my brain!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.